‘I don’t care’ – Ole on breaking 73-year-old Man Utd record

first_imgOle Gunnar Solskjaer does not care about breaking Matt Busby’s Manchester United record as he looks ahead to a blockbuster Premier League showdown against Tottenham.Caretaker manager Solskjaer has won his opening five matches after replacing Jose Mourinho last month – equalling Busby’s record from the 1946-47 season in the 2-0 FA Cup victory against Reading.Solskjaer could surpass Busby’s feat with victory against high-flying Tottenham at Wembley on Sunday but the United favourite is not interested in the landmark. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? “I don’t care,” Solskjaer said. “Not now. I might sit down in 20 years’ time and look at whatever records I have.”When I’m in a position, I never look back on what I’m doing that way. Never, ever.”Ole is already looking forward to next weekend’s big @PremierLeague game at Wembley… #MUFC— Manchester United (@ManUtd) January 6, 2019Solskjaer had overseen wins against Cardiff City, Huddersfield Town, Bournemouth and Newcastle United prior to the club’s FA Cup success on Saturday.United’s four successive Premier League victories have seen the Red Devils move within three points of fifth-placed Arsenal, having scored 14 goals and conceded just three.Tottenham are 10 points better off than United in third position, with Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino reportedly the favourite to succeed Mourinho at the end of the season.”Spurs away, that’s a proper test,” Solskjaer said. “They have performed fantastically this season, they’ve got a great way of playing. There will be loads of things we need to look at.”He [Pochettino] has got them performing really well over the last few seasons. Both as individuals and we have to look at the team unit and how we play against them.”On United’s quest to qualify for the Champions League, Solskjaer added: “I’m not going to say top four is our target because my target is also a certain way of playing. That certain way of playing will get us to where we belong in the end. It depends on the performances.”last_img read more

Read More →

Courtmonitored Drug Treatment Program Piloted in Kings County

first_imgNew sentencing options and treatment programs will soon be available in Kings County for people whose addictions lead to criminal behaviour. Government introduced the first court-monitored drug treatment program in Atlantic Canada today, April 23. The Kentville Law Courts will house the pilot project. “Keeping communities safe means trying to address whatever is causing people to get involved with criminal activity in the first place,” said Justice Minister Lena Diab. “People with drug addictions often turn to crime to maintain their habits. With treatment and support, many can turn their lives around, and that helps all of us in the long run.” The project is designed to ensure offenders take responsibility for their actions and commit to addiction treatment. People who have been charged with an offence can be referred to the program by their lawyer, the Crown attorney, police officers, probation officers and community treatment partners. They can also refer themselves. “A key role of the court is to impose sentences that contribute to a just, peaceful and safe society,” said Pamela Williams, Chief Judge of the Provincial and Family Courts of Nova Scotia. “During treatment, participants are held accountable to, and closely monitored by, the court. Sentences will try to deter the use of harmful substances that led to the crimes and to assist participants with rehabilitation.” To enter the program, participants must plead guilty to the offence and be in a treatment program before they return to court for sentencing. The court will monitor their progress. To graduate, participants must be drug-free for at least three months and be involved in their community. If they are charged with any new offences, they cannot complete the program. “We know that drug misuse, including abuse of prescription drugs, is a serious problem,” said Leo Glavine, Minister of Health and Wellness. “Today’s announcement is another positive step forward in our efforts to tackle this issue.” The pilot will be monitored to see if it helps prevent offenders from re-offending and reduces crime. The program began accepting referrals this month and court appearances should begin in May. The program is supported by the provincial and federal governments, the provincial court, Annapolis Valley Health, local police and community groups.last_img read more

Read More →